"...All Kinds of Evil..."

By Anonymous
The full quote is,"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me" (Matthew 5:11). I feel "blessed" these days. As I was reading an opinion piece in the WSJ's Opinion Journal, the author -- Dave Shifflett -- quotes Joan Rivers in Entertainment Weekly:

"I hate Jesus freaks. They're ugly.... 'Jesus loves me,' they say. If he loved you so much he would have given you a f---ing chin."

Can you think of anything so petty as to insult people for their earnest belief that Jesus is the Son of God on the basis of mere cosmetic appearance. My wife is the most beautiful woman I know. I look into her eyes and the world disolves away and there is nothing else but my wife and I. But, Ms. Rivers would insult my wife not only because she is a "Jesus Freak," but also because she has a slight chin. I'm feelin' blessed. I'd also like to bless Joan Rivers...with a lead pipe. But I won't, because "Jesus Loves Me," Joan. Besides, Jesus loves you, Joan.

I'm feelin' blessed. How about you?

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?