Superman -- R.I.P. 2004

By Anonymous
I have always been a Superman fan. For me, Superman represents all that is good about the United States. "Truth, Justice and the American Way," have always been embodied by the Man of Steel. For my father's generation, the Last Son of Krypton was represented by George Reeves. But in my generation, Christopher Reeve was our Superman. While I do not care for the politics of Christopher Reeve, I always admired his protrayal of Superman. Christopher Reeve passed away on Sunday after suffering a cardiac arrest on Saturday. I'm sure that we will all see the television networks playing Reeve films, including -- of course -- the Superman films. We will also hear more and more about the "Superman Curse."

My prayers go out to the Reeve family.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. KENTNL 5:23 AM
    Oh the irony, this implicates that truth and justice have been perverted, and the american way has become a lifestyle where 33% of all people are living of Mackers(McDonalds).. which it sadly has.

Something to say?