Giving Thanks

By GotDesign
I try to make my thankfulness known throughout the year. But I, like so many others during this season, want to let y'all (I have to use that word from time to time -- it's in the KY Constitution...joke) know what I am thankful for.

I am most thankful for the many blessings that God has given to me. The greatest of which is the sacrifice of Jesus the Christ on my behalf.

I am also very thankful for my wife. God brought me an Angel to love and be loved by. Thank you, Father God, for Melanie.

I thank God for my parents. They have sacrificed for me throughout my life, provided me with undying love, provided for my education, and -- most importantly -- brought me up to fear and love God.

I am thankful for my family. My sisters, and my nieces, are a constant source of joy for me. My family is constantly in my prayers.

I am thankful for my church. Southeast Christian Church is the quintessential Christian community. I am so encouraged and uplifted by my worship at Southeast and by the teaching I receive. May God continue to bless Southeast Christian Church.

I have traveled throughout the world and I know the blessing of being an American. Many in the U.S. take this blessing for granted. I thank God for my country -- the United States of America -- and its Christian heritage. I also thank God for our military -- the Guardians of Freedom -- and our President -- George W. Bush. May God continue to bless our country with prosperity, bless the men and women of our armed forces with courage and strength to defend our nation and its way of life, and guide and bless our nation's leaders -- the President, the Cabinet, the Congress, and the Judiciary. God bless America, my home sweet home.

I could continue this list for quite some time. But these are the most important blessing I have received and for which I am thankful.

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?