Harry Potter 6

By GotDesign
Well, I was among the millions worldwide who bought J.K. Rowling's newest book in the boy wizard series -- Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince. The last thing I heard was that 6.9 million copies were sold in 24 hours. The first printing initially ordered was for 10.8 million copies. Due to the greater-than-expected turnout for the latest adventure of the "Boy Who Lived," the initial printing was upped to 13.5 million copies. Wow!

I purchased it at about 10:30 am on Saturday and finished reading it at about 9:30 pm on Sunday evening. I loved the book. But it was a heartbreaking love. Once again, JKR has woven an extremely complex story, combining story lines from past HP books with the ongoing story of the boy wizard. There were some things I kinda saw coming (Begin Spoiler -- Highlight to Read) Harry Dating Ginny Weasley (End Spoiler) and some that truly racked my mind (Begin Spoiler) Professor Snape kills Professor Dumbledore (End Spoiler). I must say that I was swept away.

Now I am left to wait another two years for the seventh and final book in the Harry Potter series. I will have to fill that time with the upcoming release of the motion picture adaptation of the fourth novel -- The Goblet of Fire.

UPDATE: Here is a wonderful review of "The Half-Blood Prince" at OpinionJournal.com
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?