Steel on Celluloid

By GotDesign

I am giddy with anticipation. Superman returns to the big screen on June 30th in Superman Returns. For all of my life, I have been a Superman fan. While Jesus Christ the man I want to model my life after, Superman still ranks rather high on my list of personal influences.

I have, for the past 4 seasons, been a regular viewer of the WB TV series Smallville. I was a huge fan of the Christopher Reeve films (except maybe the last two -- Superman IV: The Quest for Peace). I even enjoyed watching re-runs of the 1950s TV series "Adventures of Superman" with George Reeves. And I also used to collect the comic book on a fairly regular basis.

Because of my love for Superman, I have placed links to Superman-related websites in my links column at right. I hope you enjoy them.

The title role has been filled by relative-unknown, Brandon Routh. Now, some will bemoan that "no one can replace Christopher Reeve." Well, no one can. But if Superman is to continue to be a integral part of American culture, we must move beyond Christopher Reeve. Adding more gravitas to the movie, Kevin Spacey is playing Lex Luthor. Smallville actor Tom Welling will even make a cameo in Superman Returns.

And if the premier of Superman Returns weren't enough for the month of June, my birthday is on the 27th and my anniversary is the 29th. What a month!
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?