Re-Read

By GotDesign
Hugh Hewitt has thrown down the gauntlet. What modern novels are worthy of re-reading? Below is my short list. In my own defense, most of my reading is currently focused on my MBA studies. So I usually only have time to read at night, before going to bed.

The Harry Potter series -- I love this series. I have read the entire series at least twice. JK Rowling has created a world that is compelling and charming. The growth of young Harry Potter, both as a young man and as a wizard, is chronicled in a way that both keeps you reading (can't put it down) and begs you to pick them up multiple times.

Isaac Asimov's Robot and Foundation series -- I loved both of these series. Asimov tells of a future where robots are constant part of society and how this reliance on automatons effects this society over the long term. The Foundation series tells the story of the fledgling science of psychohistory and how this new science will effect (or predict) the future of mankind. I've read the series twice and plan to read many times in the future.

Henry Kissinger's Diplomacy -- Moving away from science fiction and fantasy, my favorite non-fiction genre would be foreign policy and history. Former Secretary of State and National Security Advisor Henry Kissinger discusses the foundations of modern foreign policy. I've read it at least three times.

J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings trilogy -- I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've read this classic of modern literature. I've read the LoTR series at least a dozen times. At least 15 years ago, I started a tradition of reading the entire trilogy of over the Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Years season. I am fairly confident that I could continue to re-read this without loosing the wonder of it all. I will probably re-read it again once this semester's studies are over.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?