Congratulations!

By GotDesign
I just heard over the Internet that Congressman Rob Portman has been nominated by President Bush for the office of U.S. Trade Representative. I interned for Rob in in his Washington, DC office in 1995 during the "Contract with America."

For those of you who do not remember the CWA, it was the policy platform put together by the Republican leadership (under Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich) of the House of Representatives after the GOP took control of the House in the 1994 elections. The CWA listed 10 issues on which the Republican leadership promised it would act in order "to restore the bonds of trust between the people and their elected representatives."

I truly enjoyed working with Rob. I was fortunate that, as an intern, I had a great deal of access to Rob in advising him in areas where interns usually have little influence -- foreign policy, defense policy and the intelligence community. I was even able to help Rob with speeches and crafting the language of amendments to bills being considered by Congress. All in all, I had a wonderful time working with Congressman Portman.

Congratulations, Rob!

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?