Sickening

By GotDesign
I knew it would happen. As folks at PowerLine has said:
Throughout American history, until now, there have been limits. There have been depths beneath which Americans would not sink for the sake of partisan advantage. Even during the Civil War, when the Democrats were fighting to preserve slavery, limits were observed. Now, all civility is gone. There is no depth to which some Democrats will not sink. Hold your nose. Things are only going to get worse. With MoveOn and the Daily Dose dominating Democratic politics, all constraints are gone.
What am I talking about? There are those on the Left who are now saying that Supreme Court nominee John Roberts is gay. If I remember correctly, isn't it the liberals who are always saying that sexual orientation should not be a consideration? But it seems to me that they are the first to use supposed-homosexuality as a smear tactic against anyone who is a conservative. But as I have frequently said, Democrats do not know the meaning of the term "duplicity."

UPDATE: I was just checking the 1 comment I received on this posting to find that I have at least 1 liberal reader. I don't know how frequently he visits GotDesign, but I think it's a good sign. Anyway, this visitor -- DKP -- many the following comments:
How can it be a smear campaign if the democrats are pro gay rights? its only a smear to conservatives.

Try to make some sense.
My reply was the following:
Is it wrong to yell "Fire!" in a crowded movie theater? Yes, there are some conservatives for whom being homosexual is a bad thing. In this way, Democrats are throwing chum into the waters to attract sharks. But there are those of us (I like to think a majority) who don't think being a homosexual is explicitly bad. After all, there are a significant number of conservative homosexuals. But the bad thing that the Democrats are trying to do here is not smear a fine judicial nominee, but they are trying to enflame the darker part of our society who hate all too easily.

I make sense regularly.
What do you think?
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?