Biting My Nails

By GotDesign
My wife and I are in the process of buying a house. We have a contract on our current condominium and we have just made on offer on a house. I can't remember this much nervousness when we bought the condo 3+ years ago. I keep fighting the impulse to call my realtor and ask if he has heard anything.

The house we are pursuing is a 2-story, 3 bedroom, 2 full bath house with all new paint, carpet, electrical wiring, and HVAC ductwork. It is a thoroughly charming property. Yes, it needs a little work. We will need to finish the basement, repair the steps from the porch, we'll have to install shelving in a walk-in closet and replace a tub with a shower surround. In fact, I'm looking forward to working on the house -- it's a man thing. I'm also looking forward to getting a grill and charring some animal flesh (insert grunt here).

So, if you are a kind soul, if you are praying person, please send one up for my patience and for our success. Thanks.



UPDATE: Well, as I expected, our offer was rebuffed. And not only rebuffed, but we were told through the seller's realtor that the sellers would not entertain an offer for less than the asking price. So, this will not become the GotDesign house. The search continues.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?