Reading List

By GotDesign
As I was sashaying through Jefferson Mall I came to B. Dalton Booksellers (a division of Barnes & Noble) which is in the process of closing up its Jefferson Mall location. What interrupted my sashaying was the 50% off closing sale they were having. So I decided to stock up. I decided to pick up the entire "Brotherhood of War" series (9 books) by W.E.B. Griffin and "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius. I know...a little light reading.

I read The Brotherhood of War series back when it was first published and loved it. Somewhere along the way, I lost all of these books (or maybe I gave them away). This series covers the military careers of several officers from mid-WWII through the 1970s. I really enjoyed the whole series. I guess it makes me remember the highlights of my own Army service. I am currently reading the first book in the series -- The Lieutenants. The series includes:
Once finished with the Brotherhood of War series, I will turn to a more heavyweight subject -- Stoic philosophy. Marcus Aurelius' Meditations is considered a primer in Stoic philosophy. But I'm going to read it because it was recommended by the Hillsdale College reading list. In any case I am always up for learning from the classics.

What is on your reading list? Drop me a line.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?