New Unit, New Opportunities

Category: By GotDesign
As of Friday afternoon, I am officially reassigned to the 133rd Mobile Public Affairs Detachment (MPAD). I am really looking forward to this portion of my military career.

If you have followed my past blogging, you know that I truly enjoy photography. This past April I learned that I could indulge my love of photography in the National Guard. After showing some of my photography to members of the 133d MPAD, I was told they could use someone of my talents. So, I spent the next several months getting myself in shape to pass my Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) so I could transfer to the MPAD. This was a challenge in itself. I'm 40 years old and have not seriously exercised in several years. In 4 months time, I lost 20 pounds (and several inches off my waist) and finally passed my APFT. My transfer was initiated.

I am looking forward to putting my graphic design and photography skills to use for the Kentucky National Guard.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?